I love trying new natural and/or organic beauty products that besides their great quality, are also cruelty free (non- animal tested) and care for the environment. I personally don't wear much makeup on a daily basis, but when I do, it's usually very natural looking. I do like to take care of my skin though, especially because we're always exposed to the sun and climate changes.
Why Natural/Organic products?
I prefer Natural & Organic products for my skin because they're free of unnecessary chemicals such as Parabens, Sulfates, and Petrochemicals. Besides, I definitely love to support eco friendly products that reduce the impact on our environment. If you'd like to start using natural and/or Organic beauty products, I recommend you to start with one of the products you use on a daily basis, maybe your deodorant or moisturizer. You can even make your own beauty products at home, simple and easy.
This time I wanted to share with you some of the products I'm currently trying. I'll be doing a future post (part 2) showing other product recommendations. Stay tuned!
Closer view of each product. See description/review below.
1. Burt's bees Lip Balm and Lipgloss : Those two are my best friends, I always carry them in my bag. The lip balm is the best I've ever tried, it works great in Winter when your lips get dry and/or protects you from the sun as well. They have a lovely selection of flavors, the one I'm currently using is the one with Pomegranate Oil.
The Lip gloss is also great, I love its consistency, not too sticky like other brands I've tried before. The color I'm currently using is 233 Rosy Dawn. Love that shade of pink!
2. Erbaviva Refreshing Foot Balm: I've tried different foot balms in the past and this one is by far my favorite. I love it because it really works! It's perfect for girls like me who walk a lot and love to pamper their feet after a long day. The balm's consistency is a little bit heavy, like a scrub, but it works perfectly to stimulate circulation and give comfort to your tired feet.
I'm an aromatherapy lover, so as my little indulgence, I use the Erbaviva Essential Oils. My favorite scents are Peppermint & Eucalyptus. Just two or three drops in your bubble bath and you'll feel in heaven. Promise.
3. Burt's Bees Day & Nigh cream: The Radiance Day Cream by Burt's Bees is one of my current favorites, I love it because it's light, soft and enhances your skin's natural radiance. You definitely feel your skin fresher, smoother & more moisturized. This day cream is made with Royal Jelly which contains 8 essential amino acids, Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 C, D & E along with Niacin and Folic Acid. Naturally fabulous indeed!
For the night I'm trying the Intense Hydration night cream infused with Clary Sage (a plant known for its ability to trap and retain moisture). Its consistency is heavier than the morning cream almost like a facial mask, just perfect for the night. I also love its natural frangance!
4. Jojoba Oil: This wonderful oil is many products in one! You can use it on your skin to give it extra moisture, or on your hair, scalp or even as a makeup remover. I personally use it on my hair, especially on the ends to add a little bit of shine and moisture since that area can get easily damage due to the heat exposure. You can find it at your Favorite Trader Joe's store.
More natural bliss!
Honey + Cinnamon Mask
A little secret that is super effective, natural & easy to make:
* 2 spoons of organic honey (100% honey not sugar added)
* 1 table spoon of ground cinnamon
Mix both ingredients carefully until you create an even consistency. Apply it on your face, you can do it before going to bed. The properties of honey and cinnamon are many, but when mixed together they work wonderfully on your skin. Besides, they're both anti bacterial which is great for acne and a great way to have a glowing skin.
In order to use any of the products I'm reviewing on this post, please make sure you're not allergic to any of the ingredients before trying them out. You can read the labels to see the full description.
Tip: When looking for certified Natural and/or Organic products, make sure they show the logos below on their labels.
If you have any question, please feel free to comment on this post or email me. Enjoy!